How do you get rid of deep burrowing moles?
Here’s how to get rid of moles humanely:
- Eliminate Their Food Sources. Moles love grubs. …
- Apply A Repellent. In some cases, a mole repellent is an effective solution for an infestation. …
- Use Plants As A Barrier. …
- Dig A Trench. …
- Create An Unfriendly Environment. …
- Keep Your Lawn Tidy.
What is the fastest way to get rid of moles in your yard?
Fastest way to get rid of moles
- Mole trap: A mole-specific trap is considered the most effective way to get rid of moles. …
- Baits: Moles feed upon earthworms and grubs. …
- Remove the food for moles: Moles feed on various garden insects, such as earthworms, crickets, and grubs.
How do I fix mole holes in my yard?
How to Repair Mound Damage
- Remove excess dirt with a shovel.
- Fill any sunken areas with a mixture of 50/50 sand and topsoil.
- Lightly rake exposed dirt.
- Apply grass seed at the recommended overseed rate.
- Compact the dirt back.
- Cover exposed areas with peat moss.
- Water the lawn thoroughly while the seeds germinate.
Do coffee grounds keep moles away?
Coffee grounds have an overpowering smell that deters moles, so place them in a few of the tunnels or mounds to drive them off. … The more coffee grounds you place on your garden, the more effective it will be. You’ll need to place coffee grounds daily in order to keep scent as strong as possible.
What can I spray on my yard to get rid of moles?
Moles don’t like the taste or smell of castor oil, plus it contaminates the ground for insects. Create a spray using three parts castor oil, one part dish soap, and three parts water. Spray it wherever you see tunnels and molehills.
How do I get rid of moles in my yard without killing them?
Plant Marigolds and Daffodils
Planting marigolds, daffodils, or alliums in your yard is a wonderful, humane method of getting rid of moles. It doesn’t harm them or any other animals in the area. It simply encourages the moles to move on, and deters them from returning since they dislike them so much.
Will rolling your lawn get rid of moles?
Rake over the mole hills, collapsing them and dispersing the piled soil into the surrounding lawn. This not only removes the hills, but also makes the mole tunnels less hospitable since you are cutting off sources of ventilation.
Should I flatten mole hills?
You can wait to flatten the tunnels after the rain, but flattening the tunnels when the entire lawn is wet — as opposed to only the tunnels — increases the risk of soil compaction throughout the yard.